Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Parish / Dieppe
Established around 1840
First church 1946
First pastor 1946
In August of 1939 the construction of the Moncton airport was started. This same year, World War II was declared and the National Defence constructed a training camp in the area. The government had 200 houses built. This region was named ‘Lakeburn’.
The question of the need for a church arose in favour of the new residents but also for the existing residents of the region who would go to church either in Scoudouc, Dieppe, or Saint-Anselme.
On January 13, 1946, Msgr. Norbert Robichaud blessed the church and consecrated it to Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, patron of pilots. A pastor was named the same year.
In 1973 this agglomeration was amalgamated to Dieppe.
Due to a significant decrease in the number of faithful, the Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Parish put an end to its worship activities October 7, 2018.